To display the Coverage Page, click the Supervise menu at the top menu bar, then
use the View dropdown and select Coverage.
Coverage works with your Shifts and Requirements to build a graph where you can identify staff
shortages quickly. A Requirement specifies how many people are needed when and where, and after Shifts are
created, the Coverage Graph will plot staffing level and the Requirement together
revealing where the shortages are occurring.
Following tasks can be performed from the Coverage Page.
How to Add a Requirement
- Click the Add Requirement button located in the top right corner
- Specify the hours in which you'll require staffing. For an example I'll need someone from 0700-1500
- Fill in how many staffs are needed on each day of the week. For an example I'll need 3 people M-F, but not on the weekend
- Specify categories, such as locations and positions, if you have them configured in your workspace. If the categories
are missing or not specified, the requirement will apply to all members and shifts.
How to Edit a Requirement
- Locate the requirement you'd like to edit
- Click that row on the table, or click the ellipsis icon in the rightmost column, then select Edit from the dropdown menu
- In the editor dialog, make an adjustment to hours, staffing level, and categories as needed
- When done, click the Save Changes button
How to view history
- Locate the requirement of which you'd like to review history
- Click the ellipsis icon in the rightmost column, then select View History from the dropdown menu
How to make a copy of a Requirement
- Locate the Requirement you'd like to make a copy
- Click the ellipsis icon in the rightmost column, then select Duplicate from the dropdown menu
- Make changes to hours, staff level, and categories as needed
- Click the Save Changes button when done
How to delete a Requirement
- Locate the Requirement you'd like to delete
- Click the ellipsis icon in the rightmost column, then select Delete from the dropdown menu
How to view the Coverage Graph
You can plot and review the Coverage Graph from anywhere within the Supervisor's Page. To bring up the
Coverage Graph, click the Coverage button located in the bottom right corner.
Following options are available in Coverage Graph.
- Set Increment - use the dropdown list in the top right corner to select an increment
Plotting the graph in one hour increment will generate the graph quicker, but it may not identify
shortages that span in minutes. Using a shorter increment will take a bit longer to plot, but it can
reveal potential shortages in a finer granularity.
- Staffing Level - toggle this button to show/hide staffing level in the graph
- Coverage - toggle this button to show/hide requirement level in the graph
- Absence - toggle this button to show/hide absences in the graph
- Overtime- toggle this button to show/hide overtime in the graph
- Shortage- toggle this button to show/hide staffing shortages in the graph
Use the following options to expand/shrink the graphing area
- On a desktop device, you can grab the top bar and drag it up or down to resize the graph.
- Click the Up and Down arrow in the left corner of the top bar to expand/shrink the graph
- To close the graph, click the close button in the top bar, or click the Coverage button again